If you are a fan of creamy, herby salad dressings, this avocado goddess dressing is a must try! This salad dressing is the perfect balance of tangy, creamy goodness. With a hint of subtle onion flavour from scallions, this avocado green goddess dressing will turn your regular lunch salads up ten notches.
Typically, green goddess dressing is made with chives, parsley, anchovies and a hint of white wine vinegar for tang. This recipe is a spin on that herby dressing, but is not entirely true to the classic version. Instead, this avocado goddess dressing uses scallions for a mild onion flavour, and a hint of dill. Lemon replaces the vinegar, and we scrap the anchovies altogether.
- Greek yogurt
- Garlic and Onion powder
- Dried dill
- Salt and pepper
- Whole milk
A full list of ingredients with measurements is located on the recipe card, below.
Collecting all your ingredients - This will make cooking so much easier. Gather all the spices you will need, and keep them nearby.
- Blend the dressing: Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. That's it!
Adjust the milk to your taste! Less milk will yield a thicker dip-like consistency, whereas more milk will make a thinner dressing.
- Greek yogurt - Feel free to use sour cream, or all mayonnaise instead.
- Dried dill - Use fresh dill instead!
- Scallions - Use chives instead of scallions, for a similar flavour.
This is what I used to make this recipe - Please be mindful that different equipment and cooking utensils may yield varying results. Most of my favourite equipment can be found on my storefront.
This dressing is best enjoyed the same day. Avocado is prone to discolouration. Even though there is acid from the lemon, it does not fully keep the dressing vibrant, after one day.
Because this dressing is so easy to make, it is best to prepare it before consuming.
Looking for more meal inspiration? Subscribe to our newsletter for weekly recipe roundups, straight to your inbox! Follow us on our socials, on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook! If you try one of our recipes, let us know how it was by rating and commenting!
Avocado Goddess Dressing
- Blend the dressing: Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.1 Avocado, ½ Lemon, 2 bunches Scallions, 2 cloves Garlic, ½ cup Mayonnaise, ½ cup Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1 teaspoon Onion powder, 1 teaspoon Dried dill, 1 ½ teaspoon Sea salt, 2 teaspoon Black pepper, ⅔ cup Whole milk