I love me a one pan (dish?) meal. Some evenings, you just need to throw your ingredients into a dish, toss it in the oven, and have dinner ready in 20-25 minutes with no prep required. This sausage pepper and onion bake is just that!
Who doesn't love sausages and peppers? I'll admit, I am a sausage on a bun kind of girl. I'll also admit, this sausage pepper and onion bake is a very close contender!
If you have been here for a while, you know I tend to buy most of my proteins in larger quantities, and freeze them into smaller portions in Ziploc bags. This makes for easy meals throughout the week, and even quicker defrosting times. My secret to making this cook a little faster, is cutting the sausages in half while they are still partially frozen (so they don't become a squishy mess). Poke some holes on the casing, and you're good to go!Print
I love me a one pan meal. Some evenings, you just need to throw your ingredients into a dish, and this sausage pepper and onion bake is just that!
- 4 hot Italian sausages, halved and casing pierced
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and whole
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup tomato passata
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a baking dish drizzle olive oil, and toss peppers, onions and garlic cloves.
- Nestle sausages into the peppers and onions. Sprinkle with oregano, red chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Top with tomato passata, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Broil on LO for the last 5 minutes, to brown the sausages.
Keywords: sausage peppers and onions, sausages and peppers, baked sausages and peppers, baked sausages