Grilled cheese - comfort sandwiched between two slices of bread. I know that sounds dramatic, but this roast chicken and apple grilled cheese has really got me in the feels.
You're probably thinking, it's a grilled cheese, how good can it be? I am here to tell you, that until you have tried a grilled cheese with some red pepper jelly, cheddar, chicken and apples, you are seriously missing out!
If you are like me, a person who is picky about mixing sweet and savoury elements together - for example, apples in grilled cheese - I assure you, it works! I would not lead you astray, I promise.
If you do not have any roast chicken on hand, or if you really want to make this decadent, throw in some bacon! You can, of course, leave the meat out, but make sure you use the red pepper jelly, it's the cherry on top!
I'll keep this one short and sweet. So, what are you waiting for? Get in your kitchen and get this roast chicken and apple grilled cheese on a plate, your life will never be the same.
Chicken and Apple Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices sourdough or multigrain bread - I used multigrain
- 2 slices aged cheddar cheese
- ½ roast chicken breast sliced
- Red pepper jelly to spread
- ¼ red delicious apple thinly sliced
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading red pepper jelly on both slices of bread.
- Lay one slice of cheese down, add chicken and apples, and top with another slice of cheese. Top with the other slice of bread, and butter the outside of the bread.
- In a frying pan over low heat, brown the sandwich with the lid on. Flip, and cover again, until the cheese is melted.