These garlic parmesan smashed potatoes are a great spin on classic roast potatoes, with plenty of opportunities for crispy goodness!
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1 tsp rosemary (dried or fresh)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil potatoes: In a large pot, boil the potatoes in heavily salted water, until fork tender. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and smash potatoes: Drain the potatoes once boiled, and arrange on a parchment lined sheet pan. Using a medium-sized glass, smash the potatoes with the base of the glass.
- Season the potatoes: Mix together the seasonings, including salt and pepper. Spray the potatoes with olive oil cooking spray, or drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil (if not trying to make it light)
- Bake the potatoes: Bake the potatoes for 15-20 minutes - you do not need to flip them.
- Sprinkle with parmesan: You can sprinkle the potatoes with parmesan during the last 3-5 minutes of baking or you can sprinkle the warm potatoes with parmesan when they are done baking.
Keywords: garlic parmesan smashed potatoes, garlic smashed potatoes, parmesan smashed potatoes, smashed baby potatoes with parmesan, smashed potatoes, crispy potatoes