Can you ever have enough chicken recipes? I would argue the limit does not exist. Get ready to add this creamy skillet tuscan chicken recipe to your arsenal of weeknight recipes, if you too could use yet another way to have a winner winner chicken dinner.
If you are anything like me, chicken is my go-to weeknight protein. It's quick, and can be transformed into quite literally any cuisine or flavour. My tip to you, is keep an eye out for when chicken goes on sale - that includes breasts, thighs, some bone-in and skin-on. To make your life easier, when you get home, portion the chicken out into freezer-safe Ziploc bags for easy use and defrosting throughout the week.
My secret to weeknight meals is making good use of my air fryer, whenever possible. The air fryer gets the skin nice and crisp, which is the pretty darn important if you ask me. If you don't wish to airfry the chicken, this can easily be a one-skillet dish, of course using a cast iron (my ride or die). This creamy skillet tuscan chicken is packed with sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and a touch of kale - because balance, right? Need I say more?
Creamy Skillet Tuscan Chicken
For Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in and skin-on
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes whole
- ¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup tuscan kale stems removed and chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, and season with all the spices on both sides of the chicken.
- Air fry the chicken thighs for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, brown the shallots and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the grape tomatoes, and let them cook until the skin begins to blister and the tomatoes have softened. This will take approximately 10 minutes or so.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes, and let the mixture cook together for 5-7 minutes.Add the chicken broth, and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, red chilli flakes, and salt and pepper, and reduce the heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the kale, and the chicken thighs once done cooking, and cook together for 5-7 minutes.