The other day, I was strolling through the aisles of costco, and I came across @chickapeapasta chickpea lentil pasta. Something about it was calling out to me, so I had to try it out! ?
Enter this Mexican-inspired corn and poblano pasta salad, with a hint of bacon - what more do you need??
Given the increase of food sensitivities and gluten allergies, this chickapea pasta is a great alternative to regular pasta. I personally do not suffer from any sensitivities, however, I found this pasta to be satisfying in terms of texture and flavour. As a carb lover, I approve! More-so, it was the perfect addition to this corn and poblano pasta salad.
You can easily make this dish vegetarian by leaving the bacon out. I chose to include it, as the smokiness and saltiness play well with the somewhat bitter poblano peppers. The customization options are endless!
Mexican-Inspired Corn and Poblano Pasta Salad
- 3 cups chickapea pasta you can use any pasta that you prefer
- ½ cup mayonnaise ?
- ½ cup sour cream ?
- 1 cup corn kernels ?
- 2 poblano peppers diced ?
- 5 strips bacon chopped ?
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli powder ?
- 1 tsp ancho chilli powder ?
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of half lime ?
- 1 stalk scallions ?
- ½ cup grape tomatoes halved ?
- Salt and pepper to taste ?
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions. Drain, and drizzle with olive oil so the pasta does not stick together. ?
- In a pan, render the bacon and let crisp. Once almost done, add the corn and poblanos, and let them char and get brown. Let the mixture cool. ?
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Add grape tomatoes and scallions. Top with pasta, corn, bacon and poblanos, and mix together thoroughly. Enjoy either cooled or at room temperature!