The other day, I was strolling through the aisles of costco, and I came across @chickapeapasta chickpea lentil pasta. Something about it was calling out to me, so I had to try it out!
Enter this Mexican-inspired corn and poblano pasta salad, with a hint of bacon - what more do you need?
Given the increase of food sensitivities and gluten allergies, this chickapea pasta is a great alternative to regular pasta. I personally do not suffer from any sensitivities, however, I found this pasta to be satisfying in terms of texture and flavour. As a carb lover, I approve! More-so, it was the perfect addition to this corn and poblano pasta salad.
You can easily make this dish vegetarian by leaving the bacon out. I chose to include it, as the smokiness and saltiness play well with the somewhat bitter poblano peppers. The customization options are endless!
Mexican-Inspired Corn and Poblano Pasta Salad - works well as a side or a main dish. Packed with bright flavours, you won't eat pasta salad the same again.
- 3 cups chickapea pasta (you can use any pasta that you prefer)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tsp ancho chilli powder
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of half lime
- 1 stalk scallions
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions. Drain, and drizzle with olive oil so the pasta does not stick together.
- In a pan, render the bacon and let crisp. Once almost done, add the corn and poblanos, and let them char and get brown. Let the mixture cool.
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Add grape tomatoes and scallions. Top with pasta, corn, bacon and poblanos, and mix together thoroughly. Enjoy either cooled or at room temperature!
Keywords: pasta salad, chickpea pasta, mexican pasta salad, poblano pepper salad, creamy pasta salad, weeknight meals