Picture this - you really want a loaded baked potato. Picture this now - instead of your standard baked potato, you get buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. Level up, right?
Potatoes are a great blank canvas, and let's just be real for a second, there is no shortage of ways to prepare and more important, enjoy potatoes. While I loooove me some good ol' regulat taters, sweet potatoes my jam.
But WAIT! Why make potatoes as a side, when you can quite literally fit an entire meal inside of them. Enter these buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes - a meal and then some.
Ever since school has gone full throttle, I have been prepping chicken breast for the week. I marinate it very simply in some yogurt, lemon juice and zest, garlic, red chilli flakes, old bay, tomato paste and salt and pepper. I bake. it at 425 degrees, and keep it in an airtight container for the week. to come. You can, of course, use a good old rotisserie chicken if that works for you.Print
Sometimes, you really want a loaded baked potato. Picture this now - instead of your standard baked potato, you get buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. Level up, right?
2 large sweet potatoes
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
¼ stick salted butter
¼ cup franks red hot sauce
1 tbsp honey
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a fork, poke holes around the sweet potatoes. Microwave on a microwave safe plate for 7-10 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, hot sauce and honey together. Add the diced chicken, and cook until the chicken is heated through. The sauce should reduce and coat the chicken.
- Split the sweet potatoes down the middle without cutting all the way through. Sprinkle half the cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, fill with chicken, and top with remaining cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the potatoes with diced avocado, scallions and a drizzle of ranch dressing
Keywords: buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potato, stuffed potato, stuffed sweet potato, buffalo chicken and ranch