Pork, to me, is an extension of the white meat family. Much like chicken breasts, pork can be hard to get right. These air fried parmesan pork chops are a fool proof way to perfectly cook pork chops, for a great alternative to you guessed it, chicken!
I serve these air fried parmesan pork chops up with a simple and bright lemon aioli, with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. In 20 minutes, you'll have a quick and delicious dinner on the table, with an unsuspecting little ingredient in the breading.
How do you make a breading with parmesan cheese?
Freshly grated parmesan is a great way to jazz up a standard breading. I do not endorse the canned parmesan cheese, but, if it's all you've got, it will do. While I use almost equal parts parmesan and breadcrumbs, if you are following a low-carb diet or if you are on keto, I have heard that parmesan is a great substitute for breading all on its own!
What if I don't eat pork?
As I said, pork to me is just an extension of the white meat family. These parmesan crust will be just as good on chicken! If you are making these for kids, try cutting chicken breasts into strips (or use the fillets) and make some parmesan crusted chicken tenders! Chicken tender game changer!
Here's what you'll need:
- Pork Chops
- All-purpose flour
- An egg
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Garlic powder
- Lemon zest and juice
- Fresh garlic
Air Fried Parmesan Pork Chops
- 2 centre-cut pork chops
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg whisked
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and lightly dredge in all purpose flour. Dip the pork chop in egg, and then coat in breadcrumb mixture
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray, and airfry for 20 minutes at 400 degrees
- While the pork chops are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the aioli, and set aside