Fajitas are always a good idea. I am unilaterally deciding that for all of us. Sheet pan fajitas? Even better. These sheet pan fajitas are packed with chicken, peppers and onions, but more importantly are a one pan meal that can be on your table in 20 minutes. The best part, the toppings are endless, and these a great use for my pickled onions!
I know when we make homemade fajitas we often turn to pre-made seasonings – yes, the one in the yellow envelope. I am here to tell you we do not need that seasoning, when homemade is so much easier to make. These sheet pan chicken fajitas do not skimp on the flavour, and the best part – you know exactly what is in them.
Sheet Pan Chicken FajitasCourse: MainsCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs , cut in strips
2 bell peppers, cut in strips
2 yellow onions, sliced
- Fajita Seasoning
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp chipotle chilli powder
2 tsp ancho chilli powder
1 tsp chili powder
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken, onions and peppers liberally with olive oil and the fajita seasoning.
- Arrange on a sheet pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- If you want more colour on your chicken and veggies, broil for 2-3 minutes on high.
- Serve with flour tortillas, mashed avocado, sour cream, or anything else you’d like!