Calling all my people with a baguette in their kitchen that is so hard, it could hurt someone! I too, was in your shoes. So what do you do when you are tired of throwing away those day-old loaves of bread? You make homemade garlic parmesan croutons, OF COURSE!
Croutons, are of course, very easy to find in grocery stores. But did you know they are even easier to make at home? While I am a sucker for the ultra-salty store-bought variety, you can definitely taste the difference with freshly grated garlic and parmesan cheese. No powdered stuff here - it's worth it!
While the obvious use of these homemade garlic parmesan croutons is for a classic caesar salad, there are so many other uses you can explore! From panzanella salads to sheetpan dinners, these little cubes of flavourful, bready goodness are versatile and delicious. To channel my inner Ina Garten, I will say in this case, store bought is not fine when these are so easy to make at home!Print
If you are tired of throwing away those day-old loaves of bread, try these homemade garlic parmesan croutons. Packed with zesty garlic and parmesan, they are the perfect use, and are perfectly delicious!
- 1 day-old baguette, cubed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced finely
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated finely
- A generous pinch of salt and coarse ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the cubed bread with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Spread the bread cubes out evenly on your baking sheet.
- Bake the croutons for 15-20 minutes. Let cool, and start using them!
Keywords: homemade croutons, garlic parmesan croutons, salad croutons, crunchy croutons, garlic croutons