Chicken fingers are THAT food - You know, the food that never really goes out of style. The "safe" food, that I will order at a restaurant when nothing else seems normal, or the food that frankly seems appealing at any hour of the day. These pretzel crusted chicken fingers are no exception to that rule.
I would be lying if I said that I don't love good, old-fashioned greasy and breaded chicken fingers because well, I do. Sometimes, though, you want the chicken fingers without all of that, and if at this point you are nodding your head in agreement, then you may want to try these pretzel crusted chicken fingers!
The Best Breading, is Any Breading
There are so many great breading options for chicken, but if you are a fan of the crunch, you need to try out pretzels! While standard breadcrumbs, or even panko breadcrumbs are sure to be crunchy and delicious, these crushed pretzels add a lot of different texture.
If you are looking for some other great breading options, try crushed corn flakes, ritz crackers, or really any kind of crunchy, crushable food.
To Dip, or Not to Dip?
Always dip! I pair mine with a delicious, pesto mayonnaise. For anyone who is more of a ranch fan, try out my homemade ranch, or use some good old fashioned buffalo sauce. If you'd like to make your own, try out the buffalo sauce here!Print
Pretzel crusted chicken fingers - a great and light alternative to standard chicken fingers! Air-fried to make them even lighter, the kids will love them!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into “fingers” or strips
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp Louisiana hot sauce – I use Franks Red Hot
Ingredients for Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp basil pesto – homemade or prepared
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Setup a breading station with three shallow dishes - one with the flour, one with the egg and hot sauce, and one with the pretzels and the remaining seasonings.
- Dredge the chicken finger in the flour first, egg second, and pretzel mixture last. Repeat for all pieces.
- Spray the airfryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, and arrange the chicken fingers. Spray the top cooking spray, and airfry at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken fingers are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Air Fry
Keywords: pretzel crusted chicken fingers, air fryer chicken fingers, air fried chicken fingers, healthy chicken fingers, dinner recipes